donderdag 12 april 2012

Kites are the bomb! - Justin strikes again

This afternoon, Justin Jansen was birding in an even unknown as beautiful area in the south-eastern part of Holland. Last week, he saw a migrating male Pallid Harrier. 'But that wasn't enough black-and-white', he must have thought. 'You can always have better!' For example, a Black-shouldered Kite.

I was working at home, when my mobile buzzed and directly called my friend Jorrit Vlot to ask him if he knew already more. After some calls, I picked him up and we carpooled with my buddy Peter. After an hour of driving, we arrived at Keent. Ruben had joined us halfway. 

Driving on the dike, we saw the bird already above the fields. We stepped out to get the first glimpse of it and all went crazy. What an amazing bird! The bat-like flight of this species above a very Dutch landscape! Here some pics and a video I videoscoped.









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten