dinsdag 22 november 2011

Whitish Greater White-fronted Geese

Decided to write in English again. I hope that wouldn't be a problem for the readers of the blog! If so, please react!

Last saturday I did my regular little goosetrip in the neighbourhood. Again I observed big families of Great White-fronteds albifrons with up to seven juveniles! I counted a percentage of 28% young birds (n=343). Defenitely a good polar year! Although I have to take a bigger sample indeed. Amongst them, four whitish ones where present.

Sorry, a crappy pic from my digiscoping camera.

Kolgans / Great White-fronted Goose - diluted plumage, Bleskensgraaf (ZH)
Almost every year this kind of birds [with a diluted plumage] could be found between the thousands of 'brownies'. But it was my first time to see a family like this.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten